We got in pretty late last night. I slept in the latest, until 9:40am! It felt so good to sleep in! James and Adamm were the first to rise, then they woke up Paul and Tami. Serena awoke an hour later, then finally me. I even heard when James yelled up the stairs, “Daddy! You have to make the coffee!” Tami loves the way Paul makes coffee (very strong) so he is the official coffee maker here! After a light breakfast we split up into a girl group and a boy group. The boys went to the base for a bit and then hung out around the house. Paul had a nap while Adamm played Wii and James watched movies on the computer. The girls got dressed up (Serena in her new dress and family tiara that Tami bought so she could be Princess Serena) and went into the village of Mildenhall for High Tea. We were going to go ape today but there were no bookings available for today, so we booked it online for Tuesday. Tami and James will watch from the sidelines as Paul, Adamm, Serena and I tackle the course! It should be great fun! We were going to do tea on Tuesday, so we just flipflopped the days. I had to laugh at Tami because she actually typed up an itinerary for the kids (more for Adamm) and put it on the fridge! Lol Anyways, we went to Emily’s Tea Room for Victorian Tea. It was named after the owner, Jackie’s, daughter. It was a quaint, typical English tea room. We had Brie cheese walnut and red grape sandwiches, pork, apple chutney and some other ingredient sandwiches, scones (plain and fruit), and chocolate cake (two kinds). Tami had Suffolk blend tea, which is only made in this area. She said she wants to buy some before she leaves in September. Serena had a chamomile blend and I had Black Current Burst (I love and am obsessed with the taste of Black Current…I even had some black currant jam with my toast for breakfast! Lol). After tea we went to the base to fill up with petrol, and we popped into the bookstore to see if they had the 4th book in a series we are currently reading. They didn’t. We had to show our passports when we went in (as well as my guest pass). Then we went to the other base in Lakenheath and did the same routine. They had an eyeglass place there. I tried to get my glasses fixed because the screw came out. Unfortunately she couldn’t fix it, but she did give me some tape to keep it together. I look like such a nerd! We shopped for some souvenirs, as they were fairly inexpensive on the base. Serena got a hoodie, I got a long sleeved t-shirt for Adamm, and I got myself one of those cute service for one tea sets with roses. Then we drove home and had a delicious rib dinner with green beans and rice. Adamm and Serena had fun boxing on the Wii. Tami had bought all of the accessories possible and many games for this system. It has kept them quite entertained. I took my turn boxing Adamm, too, and James got really upset that Adamm was hitting his Mommy! Lol He was even crying! Poor guy! He had his shower then went to bed. Then we watched a movie: Fun with Dick and Jane. It was hilarious! Tomorrow Paul will be working on a paper for his class (online), while the rest of us are going to the market in Lavenham, where they also have the crooked houses. Ciao!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment